Introduce Yourself

Hello fellow citizens of Nutopia!
Instrumental songwriter Stephen here from San Diego, California. In Pacific Beach, there was a perfect mural up for many years of a famous photo of John that was recently vandalized beyond repair. I saw this and posted the crime on the local Next Door site and it caused a stir and a new mural of John a few years later has been repainted. It is on a large wall near the beach. I have attached both murals below. I recently got the Mind Games CD remastered by Yoko that I enjoy. I dig Yoko's songs equally. She writes and sings great.
These are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing Stephen! :)

Hello everyone ! You can call me Mae, I'm french and in my twenties. I hope to fînd new peoples to talk about the man who brought us here ! I have adhd and I live between drawing, listening to music and play piano/guitar all by myself. I really want to make more beatles/john related friends. I studied tourism to have a chance to reach my dream that is to go to Liverpool. (And maybe stay there)
It's been 6 years that I discovered John Lennon and The Beatles, I do not go a single day without them. As a sign of respect I did two tattoos.

Thank you for reading and see you soon !!
Insta: @acrossthelenn0n_
Welcome Mae! ❤️

Hello everyone ! You can call me Mae, I'm french and in my twenties. I hope to fînd new peoples to talk about the man who brought us here ! I have adhd and I live between drawing, listening to music and play piano/guitar all by myself. I really want to make more beatles/john related friends. I studied tourism to have a chance to reach my dream that is to go to Liverpool. (And maybe stay there)
It's been 6 years that I discovered John Lennon and The Beatles, I do not go a single day without them. As a sign of respect I did two tattoos.

Hi Mae! I also have several John tattoos. 🫶🏼

Hello! Im "Apple", everybody calls me that beacuse I'm a great beatlefan and many can¨t pronounce my Swedish name so "Apple" it is. This name comes from a great big fan of the Beatles and one of my tattoos. I have had my own fan club, not that big though, in Sweden. Freelance reviewer at the local newspaper and I'll bet you can't guess what music I reviewed. Ok, that was a little presentation of myself...oh, did I mention that I've been trading vinyl for well over 40 years. You sa hello, and I say goodbye.Resized_20191230_153610_2656.jpeg

Hello, Mae! Be welcome. ♡

You may say that I am a dreamer: but I am not the only one.
It is how I felt when opened my e-mails today. I am not dreaming alone, that is a lot of people dreaming with me in Nutopia.

In times of war, we need the message of peace from Yoko and John: I am thankfull for these opportunity to join Nutopia.

I live in São Paulo, Brazil. I am a journalist, a lawyer and a writer and I believe that the words have powerfull. So I dedicate my time to teach people how to write good words.

September begins and I would like to share some news: I am going to give a class in how to write postcards to children at Fábricas de Cultura (in poor areas of my town and in other cities like Santos and São Bernardo do Campo). This is The Beatles' month so we are going to paint two kind of postcards (I made the Yellow Submarine and Abbey Road).

My idea that is the children discover The Beatles and their messages of love and learn how to spread around with the postcards.

Because love is all you need.

And love brings peace.
Boa tarde, Ivy! Também sou de SP. Seja bem-vinda.

Hello! Im "Apple", everybody calls me that beacuse I'm a great beatlefan and many can¨t pronounce my Swedish name so "Apple" it is. This name comes from a great big fan of the Beatles and one of my tattoos. I have had my own fan club, not that big though, in Sweden. Freelance reviewer at the local newspaper and I'll bet you can't guess what music I reviewed. Ok, that was a little presentation of myself...oh, did I mention that I've been trading vinyl for well over 40 years. You sa hello, and I say goodbye.View attachment 240
Hi, Apple. ❤️🍎

Hi. I'm Jethro del Cielo.

I'm from Sweden, and I am recently turned 35. Here's what I look like, although I got longer hair now. I've been playing music for two, maybe two and a half years. Before that, I've been making do as far as music was concerned, just as a listener, not playing.

I've gotten retired early due to medical reasons at 30, due to psychiatric causes. Depression and anxiety made my life almost impossible to live in. When I began playing music myself, around 2021, I was really, really broken. I had to try to find reasons to live that wasn't about me, for those reasons weren't enough. It had to be for someone else it would matter. So I sat down and began recording myself trying to talk about mental illness from the very real perspective of someone who has been through life living with a mind that was broken. I began talking about mental illness from my own point of view, intending for the information to be of help to others who are dealing with mental illness as well as their loved ones. At this point, I began realizing how much I needed to try to find the right words, for you see, out there, there's no one who quite has, yet. The words and the way we talk about mental illness worldwide is almost predicated (or so, at least, it seems to me) on the fact that we as a whole have not got a way to talk about it that doesn't make us victims of our diagnosis.

I'm still actively pursuing that goal. To find the right words. As a means of getting heard, I am also actively engaged in almost all creative aspects. Storytelling both as a narrator and an author, poetry as a writer and narrator (person reading poetry aloud, I don't think it's actually called narrator when it regards poetry, but the word will have to suffice), music as a composer, lyricist and artist. My songwriting skills are pretty good, but I lack experience and ability to record, as you pointed out, in a proper studio setting. I've barely played with any other people, since for the most part, I simply don't have anyone to play with in my life.

This thread is a means of trying to reach out to people who might be interested in, for whatever reason, these pursuits.

You can find my music and social media via the link below:

There's also an image of myself, so that you know how I look like.

As always, thank you for listening.

Signed,
J.

Attachments

• 20240524_220222.jpg
    20240524_220222.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 0
Hello, with peace love and empathy to you all, greetings and salutations from Northern California aka Silicon Valley (South Santa Clara County). Thank you Yoko and Sean Nutopia where I hope we can all find a respite from the challenges we each face daily.

Hi chums, I'm Ollie and I love the idea of this place. Any chance at bringing positivity into the world is a chance worth taking. I was glad to be able to go to the Yoko exhibition in London recently (had a great time in a bag!) and can't believe I am actually going to see Ringo (coincidentally timed while on a trip with friends to the USA) and Paul live this year. Currently enjoying a glass of wine while listening to some John & Yoko and about to cook food for me and the kids. Peace, love and adventure to you all!

Hello John fans! 🤍 My name is Skylar and I’m a social media content creator that specializes in posting videos related to all things Beatles! My goal is to help carry on the legacy of their music into the next generation and beyond. And of course, help spread John’s messages of peace and love across the universe.

I’m very excited to be part of this community and can’t wait to see where it takes us! 🤍
Hi Skylar, nice to meet you! I'm feeling the same way. It's fun to find this forum and see what we can do here and how it goes.

Hello, everybody! My name is Mariana, I'm a fan, writer and researcher of John's life and legacy. I'm one of the Beatles scholars in Brazil, it's a beautiful and passionate community. I have big dreams and all of them involve John, he inspires me everyday. I hope to, one day, be able to reciprocate every good thing that he brings to me. I'm very happy to be here! Let's all keep thinking peace, imagining peace, being peace ✌🏻🤍
Hi Mariana, it's great to see you here!

Hi everyone!

My name is Fábio, I'm 19 years old, and I'm currently studying PR in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Ever since I was a child, I've been a devoted admirer of John’s work and legacy, so it's truly a privilege to connect with everyone here! I already follow some of you on other social media platforms, but I really appreciate the idea of having deeper conversations in this space.

A big thanks to Sean and the entire John Lennon Estate for making this community possible! I’m looking forward to reading more from all of you. After all, in my life, I've loved this all!

With warm regards,
Fábio Carneiro

Hello, John and Yoko nation. 💌 My name is Ingryd, better known as Di. I am Brazilian, autistic and passionate. I'm in my last semester of college studying history and I really hope to be able to work as a historian and researcher about the Beatles, especially my biggest inspiration: John Lennon. I hope this forum becomes a safe place for all of us. Peace and love. 😊
Hello, everybody! My name is Mariana, I'm a fan, writer and researcher of John's life and legacy. I'm one of the Beatles scholars in Brazil, it's a beautiful and passionate community. I have big dreams and all of them involve John, he inspires me everyday. I hope to, one day, be able to reciprocate every good thing that he brings to me. I'm very happy to be here! Let's all keep thinking peace, imagining peace, being peace ✌🏻🤍
So nice to see you here, ladies! Uma familiaridade brasileira hahaha

Arf, Arf, he goes, a merry sight,
Our hairy little friend,
Arf, Arf, upon the lampost bright
Arfing round the bend.
Nice dog! Goo boy,
Waggie tail and beg,
Clever Nigel, jump for joy
Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel.
Dogs of a feather roll over together
speak wags
Legs like bristles brushing the park
digging tales
Gale in the sail is the traveling bark, listen!
Whistle, returning--weee!
Treats for tramps
tramps for retreats
Pack of strays like ocean waves
Arf, the art of play

Back