šŸ‰ SEAN ONO LENNON - AMA - ASK ME ANYTHING - Here - on Thursday 19 September - Midday ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK / 1am Tokyo

Have you ever considered doing more covers of you and your moms? The Isolation and We're All Water covers you did are both great. I always thought it would be awesome to hear all of POB in your style, and it would finish off the triology of JL/Plastic Ono Band, YO/ Plastic Ono Band and finally Sean / Plastic Ono Band

I wonder if recording Listen properly would be a good idea. Maybe I will. I haven't really wanted to release any solo music lately I think I have a mental block with doing that sort of thing. Being in a band feels more fun to me.
Ooooooo alrighty!! I hope something happens with that soon, but how about the unreleased album? would that ever see the light of day o.o

Thanks for doing this! South of Reality is one of my favorite albums of the last decade.

Have you found any other "work tapes" like the "Yellow Submarine" one that was included in the Revolver set? That was just so cool, we'd all love to hear more!

Taking my chances here... We are doing a special live on a great music YouTube Channel here in Brazil to celebrate your and your father's birthday next month. I'm coordinating it, I'm trying to engage the fans differently this year and we are trying to gather special video messages to show during the live. Would it be ok to ask you for a small video saying anything you'd like to say about your dad/for you dad on his and your birthday? I can guarantee you it will be something nice and done with a lot of love for the both of you šŸ¤šŸ™šŸ»

Here's the YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/@pitadasdosal?si=AbcS9Us_NcToYRvX

I'm always there talking about your dad.

Some weeks about we talked exclusively about the Mind Games Ultimate release and I showed to the very excited Brazilian fans what they could expect from that brilliant boxset!
I don't do a lot of video stuff I'm shy.
I have tree questions.

1. I know that you met aunt Mimi. Could you share with us your memories with her?

2. I often encounter "beatles fans" who are hating on your mom claiming that she manipulated your dad, kept him away from your brother and didn't want to give Julian money. Their opinions are based on gossip newspapers and books and films that some people released to cash in on your dad. What's your response to those "fans"? And how should John Lennon estate react to that?

3. And the last question from a fellow cat person (by the way, I started to be a fan of your dad when I read in one of the biographies that he loved cats) I know that you remember how your dad cried when your cat Alice died. But do you have any other memories with your dad and cats? Do you remember Sasha, Misha and Charo?
That's a lot to answer.

1) Mimi was a bit grumpy and made me nervous. She didn't seem to be thrilled with me. It was a strange time as well generally after Dad died. My first trip to England.

2.) Julian got the same Trust as I did. Same amount. Not sure why no one knows this. But it's not something I dwell too much on. Original will - Dad left it all up to Mom. Really out of laziness, I'd say. He is the one who wanted her to run the business stuff. Many men do this. He liked not having to deal with it. Then after that Julian sued, etc... some bad blood. But then it was all worked out. It was a long time ago. I think people are very misinformed about that topic. But also it's none of their business.

3.) When my dad died, the three Persian cats would sit and wait at the kitchen door every morning for my dad to feed them. It was pretty sad. And when we played Double Fantasy LP, one of them jumped onto the record player top and started scratching at the album. It was obvious she could hear dad's voice and thought he was in there. (Sound was not yet on speakers but LPs make a tiny noise you can hear directly off the vinyl).

Would there ever be the possibility of an app, or official information resource similar to the one Dhani made for his fatherā€™s guitars on the instruments your father owned and used, or that are atleast in possession of you and your mom?

There are certain guitars that people have a lot of interest in associated with your father, like a black Strat with a matching headstock from 1965, that are considered mysteries to a lot of fans ā€” which is my main reason for asking.

Hey Sean, hope all is well! ā¤ļø

What's one of your favorite memories that's reminiscent to you of you and your fatherā€™s past relationship.
Swimming was always fun. But I don't have a hierarchy of fav things generally.
Just wanted to say thankyou for continuing your father's amazing legacy, it's made me reevaluate Mind Games, the box set has made me appreciate the musicianship more, do you feel if your dad toured in the 80's or later, do you think he would have returned to Mind Games or added some songs to the set list?.
Honestly I have no idea. He wasn't one to dwell on the past however.

Back