🍉 SEAN ONO LENNON - AMA - ASK ME ANYTHING - Here - on Thursday 19 September - Midday ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK / 1am Tokyo

Hello Sean, been a life long fan of you and your music!! are there any plans to release your unreleased 2004 album??

A few months ago this year, I've finally finished my research + reconstruction of the whole album:

Untitled Sean Lennon Album (2004)
Side 1:
1. Almost Transparent Blue
2. Yellow Moon
3. Day Dream
4. Paper Plane
5. Forgettable

Side 2:
6. Freaking Out
7. School Bus
8. The Last Song
9. Can't Surf
10. The End Of The World

Is there a chance for any of these to surface or to be released?? Thank you!! [I REALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT]

P.S.I - Will Friendly Fire ever get a re-release and would the Friendly Fire film get a Blu-ray release?

P.S. II - Would "Listen" ever get released on streaming or get a proper release? Since it's been only released through promotional copies of Friendly Fire.

P.S. III - Would more unreleased Sean Lennon songs be released or would ever surface>?
Wow, you're a real detective! I don't have any plans to but I'm flattered you even figured that out. Frankly I don't even have those recordings and I'm not sure anyone does. Some good songs though.

Hello Sean, been a life long fan of you and your music!! are there any plans to release your unreleased 2004 album??

A few months ago this year, I've finally finished my research + reconstruction of the whole album:

Untitled Sean Lennon Album (2004)
Side 1:
1. Almost Transparent Blue
2. Yellow Moon
3. Day Dream
4. Paper Plane
5. Forgettable

Side 2:
6. Freaking Out
7. School Bus
8. The Last Song
9. Can't Surf
10. The End Of The World

Is there a chance for any of these to surface or to be released?? Thank you!! [I REALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT]

P.S.I - Will Friendly Fire ever get a re-release and would the Friendly Fire film get a Blu-ray release?

P.S. II - Would "Listen" ever get released on streaming or get a proper release? Since it's been only released through promotional copies of Friendly Fire.

P.S. III - Would more unreleased Sean Lennon songs be released or would ever surface>?
I wonder if recording Listen properly would be a good idea. Maybe I will. I haven't really wanted to release any solo music lately I think I have a mental block with doing that sort of thing. Being in a band feels more fun to me.

Well you have been very helpful so thank you. Many of the 'influencers' here have done a great job promoting and keeping awareness. Grateful for that. But the hard part I'd say is that we are competing with so many distractions on line, and new artists and things happening constantly. Getting peoples' attention for catalogue work can be a challenge. Especially younger and newer fans. But the challenge is what makes it fun. If it were easy it'd be boring work I think.

But this message board is part of it. We want to create a family of fans who can help keep the music and message out there in the world for future generations to enjoy.
I think preserving the music for the future is a worthy goal! When I was growing up listening to hard rock, the Beatles were not played on rock radio where I lived & I didn't even realize how awesome they were until decades later (sounds insane, but true). JL's work is so important - younger generations would be missing out not to know it (I think of what is going on with Eddie Van Halen's legacy - not much going on to keep attention & so much unreleased stuff that will probably never get released)

Sean, what do you remember of your father. Did he play a lot of music around the house? What was he like?
He would make breakfast in the morning. For me he made toast. He'd drink coffee or tea. He always had a yukata on, which is a kimono pajamas. Pony tail. He played guitar. Smoked cigarettes. He was very funny. Always making me laugh. I remember his voice most of all. His beard was rough. He had a scar on his chin. I dunno, I could write a lot but trying to get to many questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the Sam Mendes' movie on your dad, I didn't really understand how much you and the Estate are involved in it. Could you tell us more about that?
All I can say is that we're very excited. This is something very new for all of us. There has never been an official Beatles film. So it's a big deal and we're all very thrilled. Sam is working with us directly and it has been an interesting experience already. He is a very brilliant film maker.

He would make breakfast in the morning. For me he made toast. He'd drink coffee or tea. He always had a yukata on which is a kimono pajamas. Pony tail. He played guitar. Smoked cigarettes. He was very funny. always making me laugh. I remember his voice most of all. his beard was rough. He had a scar on his chin. Idunno I could write a lot but trying to get to many questions.
Thanks so much!!!!

Hi Sean,

Thank you for releasing the new Mind Games album as I always thought this album was one of the most underrated and unique album in your dad’s catalog!

Question for you. What are your personal favorite musical influences? I know you are a fan of Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys but not sure what else you listen to. Were you ever a fan of Karl Wallinger/World Party, The Smithereens, etc?

I have a couple of questions
1. Are there any Outakes of Sunday Bloody Sunday and are there any plans to release a SDE of Sometime In New York City.
2. Are there any plans to release an SDE of Pussycats?
3. Any plans to release Blueray of the two One to One concerts.

Saw you in concert in Dublin many years ago now, great gig and I heard you ended up at a house party with some people who were at the gig, is that true and did you have a good time.

All I can say is that we're very excited. This is something very new for all of us. There has never been an official Beatles film. So it's a big deal and we're all very thrilled. Sam is working with us directly and it has been an interesting experience already. He is a very brilliant film maker.
That is great to know! I think it will help calm down the fans that are very anxious about this whole project... People seem to always be very worried about official films! Thank you, Sean 🤍

Hi Sean,

Thank you for releasing the new Mind Games album as I always thought this album was one of the most underrated and unique album in your dad’s catalog!

Question for you. What are your personal favorite musical influences? I know you are a fan of Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys but not sure what else you listen to. Were you ever a fan of Karl Wallinger/World Party, The Smithereens, etc?
I was mainly influenced by Beatles, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd and classical music, A lot of prog and jazz too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of questions
1. Are there any Outakes of Sunday Bloody Sunday and are there any plans to release a SDE of Sometime In New York City.
2. Are there any plans to release an SDE of Pussycats?
3. Any plans to release Blueray of the two One to One concerts.

Saw you in concert in Dublin many years ago now, great gig and I heard you ended up at a house party with some people who were at the gig, is that true and did you have a good time.
We're working on what we can! That's all I can say! There is no upside to making promises about anything specific.

Back