🍉 SEAN ONO LENNON - AMA - ASK ME ANYTHING - Here - on Thursday 19 September - Midday ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK / 1am Tokyo

hey there Sean - - greetings from Istanbul, Turkey

you say "ask me anthing" -- so, i have 4 questions actually:

1) any chance for us to see your gig in Istanbul?
2) "Friendly Fire" --- very hard to find the LP --- do you think there can be new pressings of the LP?
(marvellous album -- got the CD/via digital -- nowadays, it is very hard to find an album with no bad songs included)

now more serious ones:

3) what is the meaning of life?
4) what is the best tea for you? and how do you brew? (assuming that you use milk, or?)

take care!
cheers
1) I would love to visit Istanbul. I think Turkey may be the best country for music. Turkey and India have the best musicians.

2) The vinyl is very rare. They do exist on Ebay.

3) The meaning of life is: 42 (obviously).

4) I like Genmaimatcha. Match w brown rice. I brew simply in a pot for a few minutes. Then strain. No milk or sugar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine it will be something like the Matrix and we'll just be manifesting orchestras and visuals with our thoughts directly plugged into some overlord robot AI.
John Lennon in interview with Tom Snyder, said as much; that technology tends to be a determining factor of new music. He also said that if an old song is good, that it can stand the test of time, regardless of treatment. Fair enough, but you and your dad are at your best, unplugged; guitar and voice.

Hi Sean, I'd love to know more about the process and inspiration for the meditation mixes. Was there any references you had in mind and did you only use sounds from the original recording?

Also, what are some contemporary influences you had for your most recent album, if any?
Yes we based it on the original tracks. The inspiration was the Lumenate App. I just wanted to do something that fit with that. The strobe thing was something both my parents were into when I was a kid.

My most recent album is Asterisms, and honestly the influences are all old like Miles Davis and Mahavishnu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sean, There are two questions I'd like to ask you : Is a Walls and bridges remastered rerelease on the menu? the same way Mind games was? And why was the sax solo at the end of "One day ( at a time )" omitted from the Mind games remixes? Thanks a lot to take the time to read our questions! peace and love
I can only mix the way I hear things. The sax was not helping in my view. Yes we will do Walls and Bridges but we're still focused on Mind Games this year.

Hi Sean.
In 2020, on the occasion of your father's 80th birthday, I put up the WAR IS OVER! (if you want it) billboards with my own funds in English and Bulgarian in a small, Bulgarian, Black Sea town - Kavarna. The following year I did the same, but with bigger billboards in the city where I was born - Dobrich. Since then I do this annually, for a month, around Christmas. The billboards will be put up again this year.
Over the years, I have gathered like-minded people and now we are six people who do this, dividing the costs equally between us.
I intend to make a Facebook page to promote the venture and gather more associates from all over the country.
Here's my question: Would you mind if I called the page WAR IS OVER! - team Bulgaria. I know the design is "open source", but as a person who deals with art (I'm an architect) - I have a lot of respect for copyright and I think it's right to ask for your permission!
Take care, man!
Please send my greetings to Yoko. I had the opportunity to visit her retrospective exhibition in London and was so impressed that I went back the next day to see it again. I'd like to thank her for that!
Hey thanks for all your work. I honestly don't know about permissions for that kind of thing. Sounds fine to be but officially I'd have to ask the attorneys. Not really my area of expertise.

I don't do a lot of video stuff I'm shy.

That's a lot to answer.

1) Mimi was a bit grumpy and made me nervous. She didn't seem to be thrilled with me. It was a strange time as well generally after Dad died. My first trip to England.

2.) Julian got the same Trust as I did. Same amount. Not sure why no one knows this. But it's not something I dwell too much on. Original will - Dad left it all up to Mom. Really out of laziness, I'd say. He is the one who wanted her to run the business stuff. Many men do this. He liked not having to deal with it. Then after that Julian sued, etc... some bad blood. But then it was all worked out. It was a long time ago. I think people are very misinformed about that topic. But also it's none of their business.

3.) When my dad died, the three Persian cats would sit and wait at the kitchen door every morning for my dad to feed them. It was pretty sad. And when we played Double Fantasy LP, one of them jumped onto the record player top and started scratching at the album. It was obvious she could hear dad's voice and thought he was in there. (Sound was not yet on speakers but LPs make a tiny noise you can hear directly off the vinyl).
I did read (in Tune In) that Mimi supposedly said "There is a big difference in intelligence and lively outlook in the girls who like John & those who go for the other Beatles-this has long been clear to me from the very beginning" :)

It must be very gratifying to see your mom finally being recognized for how great her own music has always been, and how right your dad was in championing her work at a time when few ever stood up for women in rock (or the world in general, for that matter). Not sure what my question is exactly, but has she seen her own esteem rise over the years? She doesn't particularly seem like she ever needed the acclaim (much too cool for that), but it's definitely there and growing all the time!
She never really had any self esteem issues tbh.

Back