šŸ” Yoko Ono's art.

Ingryd Medeiros

diā™” ā€” @/ceofjohnlennon
Share your favorites arts by Yoko and why you love it! Let's share some love for her talent.

I've always really liked her poems more, her words are powerful and bring me a lot of positivity and what I can say that is my favorite at the moment is: "You may think Iā€™m small, but I have a universe inside my mind". As a woman with a "fragile" physical appearance like her, I know what it's like to be underestimated and seen only as small, cute, etc., but our power, our value is much greater than that and in our minds, our jdeas, dreams and thoughts there is no size or physical standards.

Tell me yours. šŸ”1000260379.jpg

It is the humour in her work that I find so unexpected and refreshing. As a person, she gives the appearance of being quite serious and introspective, but the lightness and mirth in her work brings out a whole other part of her personality. And she is also so ahead of her time. I was a child in the 60s and even in the 70s, I can only recall bra-burning being the most rebellious thing women were doing for their 'liberation'. Yoko's approach with art such as 'Cut Piece' went so much deeper and really exposed the plight of women in a man's world.

It is the humour in her work that I find so unexpected and refreshing. As a person, she gives the appearance of being quite serious and introspective, but the lightness and mirth in her work brings out a whole other part of her personality. And she is also so ahead of her time. I was a child in the 60s and even in the 70s, I can only recall bra-burning being the most rebellious thing women were doing for their 'liberation'. Yoko's approach with art such as 'Cut Piece' went so much deeper and really exposed the plight of women in a man's world.
Yoko was always ahead of her time, which leaves us in awe. And how she always came for the female world and its difficulties, we admire her even more. I loved your text about it.

Last edited:
1000261833.jpg
"Smile Filmā€ is a heartwarming cinematic gem. Yoko Ono captures the essence of joy in a short film thatā€™s akin to a parade of smiles, a vibrant reminder that smiles are our universal language, transcending borders and cultures."
Very said by Singulart. I also love this one - and John smiling, of course.

Whenever I talk about Yokoā€™s artwork to people who are only really familiar with John I always find myself bringing up Play It By Trust (both in its ā€˜normalā€™ and oversized forms) because of how it manages to capture the humour and the humanity of so much of Yokoā€™s artwork - as well as her love for the colour white!

1725450663612.jpeg1725450638916.jpeg

Whenever I talk about Yokoā€™s artwork to people who are only really familiar with John I always find myself bringing up Play It By Trust (both in its ā€˜normalā€™ and oversized forms) because of how it manages to capture the humour and the humanity of so much of Yokoā€™s artwork - as well as her love for the colour white!

View attachment 333View attachment 332
ā™ŸļøšŸ¤

I'd like to share a moment I had with Yoko's instructional poetry. I will post more about her poetry later, the beauty and genius of how it can be instructional and the wisdom and humor that comes from it really penetrates in a way that is special. And so much of her poetry means a lot to me. So this was on April 23 2023. And Yoko posted recently then a poem about writing down all the good things that happened in your life, all the bad things, and all the fears you have and the instruction was to burn the bad and the fears. What I learned was that it's alright to let go of what's bad, and that all of the fears really didn't exist they were just things within the mind and that was illuminating. I took pictures and it became like art photographs. I think they're beautiful. And the last picture the embers look like a rose and the whole thing felt magical then and looks so as photographs. It was so helpful. And perhaps something I should try again. I encourage anyone reading this to give it a try.

IMG_2889.JPGIMG_2891.JPGIMG_2894.JPGIMG_2897.JPG
IMG_2898.JPGIMG_2900.JPG
IMG_2904.JPGIMG_2906.JPG
IMG_2907.JPGIMG_2908.JPG
Again, I've had more experiences, dreams, visions in my spiritual journey since then, and so much of the fears weren't real and weren't worth worrying about. I hope people won't misjudge me for sharing my vulnerability, and if anyone ever wants to speak to me about it or everything about anything--my door is always open and I encourage conversation. I think having a moment like this and through art is one of the most human things we can do and often that's what Yoko's art is--it reminds us how to be human how to find ourselves.

Last edited:

View attachment 333View attachment 332
I love it because chess is a game but it's a battle and when you take away the divisions all it is is just existing and a conversation instead of a conflict. And you can take it a step further in our lives where you strip away the ideologies and the bias or things we use to differentiate people, suddenly we're just people and all the same and it's beautiful. I think it takes mental tenacity, faith, wisdom to be able to play it by trust. I knew someone a year ago who was brilliant at chess and I would get intimidated and I would have loved it if we played this version because it would have been funny but I love the simplicity and elegance of it, the way it looks.

I love it because chess is a game but it's a battle and when you take away the divisions all it is is just existing and a conversation instead of a conflict. And you can take it a step further in our lives where you strip away the ideologies and the bias or things we use to differentiate people, suddenly we're just people and all the same and it's beautiful. I think it takes mental tenacity, faith, wisdom to be able to play it by trust. I knew someone a year ago who was brilliant at chess and I would get intimidated and I would have loved it if we played this version because it would have been funny but I love the simplicity and elegance of it, the way it looks.
Absolutely āœŒļø

Back