🍉 SEAN ONO LENNON - AMA - ASK ME ANYTHING - Here - on Thursday 19 September - Midday ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK / 1am Tokyo

Sean thanks for taking the time to do this. Big fan of Asterisms. Really didn't know what to expect with something so experimental but I really dig it and find myself putting it on semi-regularly. Friendly Fire is another one I enjoy throwing on when I'm in the right mood. A couple of questions, choose one or choose all:

1. Maybe 10-12 years ago there was a rumor going around that James McCartney had reached out to (I believe) you, Dhani Harrison and Zak Starkey about creating an album from the "Beatles children". I think it was said it jest, but seeing Primose Hill released this year made me think about it again. Ever given any thought to recording a track with the other 3?

2. Do you have a favorite song or album from Julian, and has he ever mentioned a song or album of yours that he particularly enjoys?

3. Kind of a weird question but I am fascinated about the fact that so many books and documentaries have been written about the Beatles and your dad, Paul, George and Ringo. There are books that literally document what the Beatles were doing on virtually every day in the 60's and beyond. My question with the caveat that I'm not actually asking you to share any: are there stories you've heard about your father and/or his former bandmates that the public does not know but fans would find interesting if they did know? Similarly, are there things that Beatles fans treat as fact that aren't actually true?

Thanks again for taking the time and thanks for the art you have given the world.

Sean, my all-time ultimate dream new Beatles project would be a new sequel to the Yellow Submarine movie... Octopus's Garden. Ideally the animation and the Beatles would look the same as the original, but with a new story and plot, modern 3D computer animated technology, and once again utilize voice actors as was done in the original. With the recent release of the new Beetlejuice sequel providing an example of this type of project being done, do you think something like this could be possible??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sean!

Thank you so much for providing us with this opportunity! Very grateful and looking forward to setting aside time to read your responses tomorrow! 😊
I hope there's some questions here which are new and/or thought-provoking from the usual things you're probably asked about!

Your drawing that served as the cover of Double Fantasy Stripped Down is an amazing work, and I really enjoy your distinctive cross-hatching style in it! Do you still do those kinds of drawings, and/or can we expect to see more along those lines in future releases or available as standalone prints?

Will there be more releases on Secretly Canadian (or Chimera, or other label) where we'll see your mom's post-Apple albums back in print? It would be great to have her '80s albums definitively remastered and available once again!

You curate plenty of fantastic and in-depth physical releases which really speak to the collectors' eye for detail (thank you by the way!!) - do you have a particular preferred medium for listening to music, or is it a little of everything?

2024 has sure been a busy year for you - the blissful Asterisms, becoming an Oscar winner, working the projects of both your parents, and even finding time to play with the Lemon Twigs! - how do you manage to get it all done!?

Besides using Lumenate, are there any practices or hobbies (meditative or otherwise) that you enjoy doing for your mental health? I'm always curious to hear what others do as part of their self-care routine.

Thanks again, Sean!

I'll also take this as an opportunity to also express my deep thanks and gratitude to you, as well as both of your parents individually and together, for all of the words and art which have been significant in my own continuing mental health journey. The inclusion of that element in the Mind Games campaign has been tastefully done and greatly appreciated!

J&Y were certainly far ahead of their time being open with mental health struggles far before it was commonplace, and your interest and work in the field is equally forward-thinking and valuable. I'm sure most (if not everyone else) here would agree. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Hey Sean! When can we expect a new CLD album????? I absolutely love what you guys do together. Such a great band! Also, want to say I really love ASTERISMS!

I am curious... What do you think of Dhani's music? Have you listened to Innerstanding and Dreamers In The Field, and have you ever considered working with him?

Hi Sean! I love the blu-ray release from a few years ago combining the movies Imagine & Gimme Some Truth. Would you consider a similar release combining Bed Peace & Sweet Toronto? I think those 2 together would make a great pairing.

Hello Sean! Hope you and Yoko are doing great.
My question is, do you remember a distinct moment where maybe john showed you the beatles, or maybe after he was gone you grasped or realized that he was in such a big thing? Even if not as a beatle, just on his own. Was there a particular track that you maybe associate with that from either his solo career or the group years?
Thanks for doin' this for us, and "raising the spirit of peace and love" and keeping your dads spirit alive.
-Have a splendid day

Hi Sean! I have two questions:
1 - Which song from "Mind Games" you were excited to remaster?
2- You recently worked with James McCartney. How was the experience, and do you think you'd like to work on more songs with him?

Hi Sean, longtime fan of your dad and … well I suppose, your entire family! I’m really looking forward to a Sometime In NYC Ultimate Collection. I know several people who also are, as well. Are there any plans to release it or to get all that great remastered music from that era to the fans, or should we just give up? I know a bit of it will be available on the docs, but we’d like an audio companion. Thanks for all you do. Be blessed.

Your collaboration with James McCartney was beautiful, do you have any other collaborations planned for the future?

Hello Sean! Thank you for everything you do and keeping your father's legacy alive and well. I have a question, I don't know if there is a plan for the 1980 sessions yet, but is there a plan to release Milk and Honey and Double Fantasy as two separate ultimate collections or as one? I truly love both and I'm Stepping Out is my favorite song. Thanks again. :)

How's Yoko doing? I enjoyed seeing her art integrated into the MG release, especially seeing what you did with the deluxe box. I was curious if her own art, books, and music could be reprinted as something like that in the future? Her wisdom, humor, and humanism is really needed today. I miss seeing her posts online, but I love the wish trees site and Nutopia is amazing so I hope there's more and more opportunities to get her work out front like that.

You've liked my music and spiritual thread on X, and what you've done with the album and Nutopia really means a lot to me and I'm happy to be here and share what I'm about and connect with everyone else here. The first few times we interacted on social media, you made me cry, on one occasion I just laid down in bed for a few minutes, emotional but happy. You mean that much to me, I believe. It's my soul, my nature, I believe I'm John, your dad. I know you're aware of how I feel, say, and what I do, but I was wondering if there's anything I can do to show and prove myself to you? What are your feelings and advice for me? There was a recent album that came out that helped me cope and think on all of this, it's Bon Jovi's Forever and just the album cover reminds me of what I'm feeling and going through, but there's a song 'living proof' and it makes me think of this situation: 'This family tree's got nothing left to prove now/Me and you/We're the living proof/First the son becomes the father/Then the father is the son' I can't help but think of you and me when I hear that and I hope there's plenty left to prove. It would be a dream come true to talk to you and your brother in person, I think it would be a lot of fun. I think I made a wish on the tree to have tea with Yoko someday, that too would mean so much to me. I made lots of wishes but I think that's a good thing.

I listen to a lot of jazz radio, and I just loved Asterisms. Do you have any more music on the horizon? Animated movies?

I saw a St Vincent concert online last week, did you watch the Livestream with me? It was a brilliant show, and I thought she and the band was amazing, and when I found out about the bass player and your connection I thought that was awesome. GOASTT is great.

SMiLE or Pet Sounds? I posted 'Cabin Essence' on your birthday last year, is that a favorite of yours?

I enjoy your humor when you post online, and I also enjoy when you post hip hop, I think I've seen you post Dr Octagon, and Pete And Bas! :ROFLMAO: Their rhymes are incredible, and every time you post them I watch it and it just lifts me up laughing and vibing with it. Do you ever want to do that kind of music, I know you grew up with it, and you did an amazing jazz album so it wouldn't surprise me if you did. I'm curious, what's your favorite artist or album in that genre?

Thank you for doing what you do, and allowing me to do my thing here. I hope everything is going great in your world and I hope someday to make my dreams come true and hope it's a dream we can all dream together. I always felt like MG, Nutopia is your gift to me to help me through.

F-L4LegXAAAusRB.jpeg
When I'm on Nutopia I keep thinking about this painting and I can't help but think about Anna. After everything I've been through and experienced, I have to ask, did she help you--was she apart of the project? My heart says yes, and I can't help but wonder.

Last edited:
Hi, I've listened to Elements Mix on 2024 Mixes on album Mond Games, and it's very good, one query is whether these raw tracks have been trimmed or vocals removed as they do kinda come out clean, thanks.

Sean,

I love the previously unreleased video clips that were gifted to us during the new Mind Games release! Are there more previously unreleased video clips to be released with the upcoming new releases of John’s albums?

oboogie (aka Rufe)

Back