šŸ‰ SEAN ONO LENNON - AMA - ASK ME ANYTHING - Here - on Thursday 19 September - Midday ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK / 1am Tokyo

Hello Sean, this is very non-serious question but what's a rough estimate of how many "Your Mom" jokes have you received over your lifetime? I know your mother doesn't get the best reputation and is misunderstood, but this question was brought up in a conversation I had once haha

Hey Sean :) whatā€™s your personal favorite song of your dadā€™s that you love the backstory to the most? Thank you for doing this !! šŸ’•

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great idea!

Dear Sean,

As a fan of you as an artist, it feels rude to just ask about your father. If this were a normal Q&A, I would politely ask when ā€˜Friendly Fireā€™ is getting a repress on vinyl, and I would add I have fond memories of seeing you live on stage during that tour and with The GOASTT later. But since I know you are justifiably proud and involved with your fatherā€™s legacy projects, and this is the famous Nutopia forum, I will concentrate on thatā€¦

The archival projects your mother led in the '80s and '90s were a treasure trove for fans. Iā€™m thinking about the 1998 Anthology boxset and especially the Lost Lennon Tapes radio project. Itā€™s quite unheard of that tens of hours of never-before-heard outtakes of any artist, and even previously unknown full songs, are being broadcast on public radio.

Yet, in the 10 years before the Ultimate series started, it seemed like the well had dried up a bit. Especially on the video front, it often focused on the same known footage from the ā€˜Imagineā€™ sessions and New York footage from around that time. But since then I noticed a shift and it seems like every corner of the archives has been thoroughly scoured to uncover rarities never published before.

The ā€˜Yellow Submarineā€™ composition tape on the Revolver boxset. The lower-generation cassette of the ā€˜Now & Thenā€™ demo. The 1973 Sony Portapak home movies. TV shows like The Simon Dee Show in 1970 on the official social media, which were never seen since the original broadcast. The 1970 black-and-white home movies with the ā€˜Mind Gamesā€™ demo. The audio phone conversations as heard in the new One to One documentary. The presumed lost ā€˜#9 Dreamā€™ tapes as heard in the SiriusXM series. Lots of unseen session photos in the books, and so on, and so on.

So itā€™s obvious how much effort and care are being put into these projects and how well the archives are being used. My question is: can you describe the current archival process in detail? Specifically, how are the archives approached for these projects? Are all tapes (including home cassettes) being systematically digitized, or is there still an ongoing effort to locate and restore lost material, and are you still finding lost tapes? Lastly, and I can understand youā€™re not going to give everything away just like that, can you hint at which revelation surprised you the most, on anything not yet released on any Lennon-related boxset?

Thanks a lot, and Iā€™m looking forward to the upcoming projects in the years to come.

My question would be what happened to the SDE of Sometime In New York ? The REAL reason and not any of the many theories in online forums and social media. Will it ever surface ? Could it be made available to purchase directly from this forum or the official John Lennon site, johnlennon.com ?

Last edited:
Hello from France šŸ‡«šŸ‡· dear Sean Lennon.
First of all, thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions šŸ™šŸ».
I have two questions to ask you.

First of all, do you intend to release your father's piano demos as an album (such as Free as a Bird, Real Love, etc.)?
I love those piano demos and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.
I'd love to hear them on Spotify and have them on CD. What's more, with the MAL machine it's possible to clean up a few demos that are in poor condition, I presume...

Another question that concerns you directly. Did you ever intend to create music with the children of other Beatles like James, Dani, etc? I mean making music as a quartet.

I wish you a good day šŸ˜

can you predict how music production would look like in ~2045? having way better AIs and having a lot of insanity going on in the world; how do you think these all would affect musicians and the way they make music in the next 20 years?

I really enjoyed the concert you did with the Claypool Lennon Delirium in Paso Robles, CA in 2019 with Les Claypool. I thought your jams were really interesting. Have you considered doing a psychedelic jam album? I'd really like to hear that. Also the keyboardist on that tour was awesome, I'd like to see you collaborate with him again.

Hi Sean, my name is Adrien, ive noticed that you are following quite alot drummers in IG , some are unknown ( not professional) , are we going to see you as a drummer in the future?

Best regard

Adrien

Hello Sean, other than the Anthology version are there any known recordings of John singing Paulā€™s Oh Darling? I ask this as John believed he could sing it better than Paul, and it would be incredible to hear!

Hello Sean, I've long been a fan of your musical outputs, from your solo albums, GOASTT and especially the Lennon Claypool Delirium, are there any plans for more from these highly enjoyable projects? All the best from the Highlands of Scotland āœŒļø

hey there Sean - - greetings from Istanbul, Turkey

you say "ask me anthing" -- so, i have 4 questions actually:

1) any chance for us to see your gig in Istanbul?
2) "Friendly Fire" --- very hard to find the LP --- do you think there can be new pressings of the LP?
(marvellous album -- got the CD/via digital -- nowadays, it is very hard to find an album with no bad songs included)

now more serious ones:

3) what is the meaning of life?
4) what is the best tea for you? and how do you brew? (assuming that you use milk, or?)

take care!
cheers

Hi Sean, I'd love to know more about the process and inspiration for the meditation mixes. Was there any references you had in mind and did you only use sounds from the original recording?

Also, what are some contemporary influences you had for your most recent album, if any?

Hello Sean, There are two questions I'd like to ask you : Is a Walls and bridges remastered rerelease on the menu? the same way Mind games was? And why was the sax solo at the end of "One day ( at a time )" omitted from the Mind games remixes? Thanks a lot to take the time to read our questions! peace and love

Hi Sean.
In 2020, on the occasion of your father's 80th birthday, I put up the WAR IS OVER! (if you want it) billboards with my own funds in English and Bulgarian in a small, Bulgarian, Black Sea town - Kavarna. The following year I did the same, but with bigger billboards in the city where I was born - Dobrich. Since then I do this annually, for a month, around Christmas. The billboards will be put up again this year.
Over the years, I have gathered like-minded people and now we are six people who do this, dividing the costs equally between us.
I intend to make a Facebook page to promote the venture and gather more associates from all over the country.
Here's my question: Would you mind if I called the page WAR IS OVER! - team Bulgaria. I know the design is "open source", but as a person who deals with art (I'm an architect) - I have a lot of respect for copyright and I think it's right to ask for your permission!
Take care, man!
Please send my greetings to Yoko. I had the opportunity to visit her retrospective exhibition in London and was so impressed that I went back the next day to see it again. I'd like to thank her for that!

Back