🍉 SEAN ONO LENNON - AMA - ASK ME ANYTHING - Here - on Thursday 19 September - Midday ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK / 1am Tokyo

Guys I'm only on page 5 of 14 and I'm getting a bit tired. Hard to eat my lunch while typing.

I'm very thrilled there were so many questions but I'm sorry I don't think I can handle any more for today.

Sending love to everyone!

Cheers,

Sean
thank you so much for interacting with us today, It really means a lot. Thank you for always giving your best, I hope you have a wonderful day!!! ❤️

you're amazing!!

Guys I'm only on page 5 of 14 and I'm getting a bit tired. Hard to eat my lunch while typing.

I'm very thrilled there were so many questions but I'm sorry I don't think I can handle any more for today.

Sending love to everyone!

Cheers,

Sean
Thank you for taking the time to do this!

We never planned to do that, no. I work with people when it feels natural and inspired. We wouldn't work together just because of our parents. There would have to be a natural flow to it.

Not sure about a demos album but I am open to all things.
Thanks for your answers. 🙏
I hope you didn't take my second question the wrong way, that wasn't the point. 😅

My best guitars are 60s Jazz Masters. My fav guitar of dad's might be the stripped maple Epiphone. But I think I had different taste in guitars from my dad. I never liked playing those little Ricks. Neck too small.
I had one of the 90's Rick 325s. It was way too small for my big hands. I sold it to a guy in Germany... I enjoyed the 360 a LOT more!

He would make breakfast in the morning. For me he made toast. He'd drink coffee or tea. He always had a yukata on which is a kimono pajamas. Pony tail. He played guitar. Smoked cigarettes. He was very funny. Always making me laugh. I remember his voice most of all. His beard was rough. He had a scar on his chin. I dunno, I could write a lot but trying to get to many questions.
I always wanted to be a dad. When I visit my niece I take my acoustic guitar with me, and we play a lot, and I enjoy making her laugh. We make games together. One is Christmas, where she's in bed and I turn the lights out and I come back in to leave a toy on her bed and then I leave, and then I come back in and turn on the lights and we talk about what Santa gave her. Our latest one is I make her into a sushi roll, so she's on the bed and I pretend to pour soy sauce on her and I put toys around her for the veggies, she's the fish, and when she wants a crunchy roll I crumple up a piece of paper and put it with the toys and then I roll her in the bedding and pretend to eat her. I have tickle games with her two stuffed animals she likes best. And when I'm at her house she plays school where I lay in bed and she 'wakes' me up with the lights and sends me out to school. And then she does a game where I'm in bed and she turns on the lights and I jump up and wave my arms and she turns them off and I fall back down and it gets crazy cause she flickers.

I'm not sure how ideas come. David Lynch says we don't think of ideas but we catch them like fish. I think it's very much like that. You have to spend time fishing in the ocean of your mind.
My definition for creativity is water based; it's we surface the subconscious and dredge it for meaning later.

I can only mix the way I hear things. The sax was not helping in my view. Yes we will do Walls and Bridges but we're still focused on Mind Games this year.
I was wondering about that sax, I kinda missed it, but I still think it sounds great. Look forward to more of these projects.

My best guitars are 60s Jazz Masters. My fav guitar of dad's might be the stripped maple Epiphone. But I think I had different taste in guitars from my dad. I never liked playing those little Ricks. Neck too small.
I only have one electric guitar since I was 19. It's the same style as the Epiphone, a '59 reissue Gibson 335. I got it in a sunburst, and we looked all over the place for it. My second choice of finish was natural maple. And when I heard about the epiphone starting out as a sunburst and stripped natural--it tripped me out, I thought that was amazing.

Hi Sean. Thank you for doing the Q&A. Two quick questions:

1. How is your mom doing? Please tell her I said hello!
2. Any plans to continue with mom's reissue campaign on Chimera? Would love to see Season of Glass and beyond given the same treatment as the earlier albums. You & team did an amazing job on those!

Cheers!

Sean, when your mum did the Starpeace tour back in 1986 (I was at her London show) there was talk of a documentary or film of the tour being released which of course never happened. Can you recall if it actually was filmed and if so does the footage survive?
I was also at the show as well as being at the hotel during the day, would love to see footage. I have amazing photos of the day 🙂❤️🌈🌏

Back