❓What is a Forum for?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

What is it for?

A forum is a platform for discussion mostly around a single interest with sub-forums to help keep threads organised and easier to find what you're interested in discussing. Make sure you use the search function to see if someone has already started a thread!

What's a thread?

A thread is the discussion itself within a sub-forum. Members are able to start a thread, or contribute to an ongoing one. Topics of threads can be a question, an opinion or simply something you'd like to share with others. Pay attention to the sub-forum titles to help inform where you should be posting. Most forums will have an off-topic sub-forum for anything that doesn't fit into the other sub-forums.

Okay, but I still have questions...

Great! We've made a sub-forum where you can ask all the questions you have about using the forum, and we also have a suggestions sub-forum, but you need to be signed up to https://citizenofnutopia.com using the same email address as the forum to get access. If you have any issues please contact the admin on admin@citizenofnutopia.com

Yoko Ono Love GIF by John Lennon

Hi, guys! One thing that I haven't yet understood... We can follow each other here, but I don't see anything differently when I follow someone, I don't get specific notifications. I don't see anything else happening other than seeing the "people you follow" when they are online. Could you explain to me a bit more about that?

Hello!

Here is the information related to your questions

1. User being followed gets an alert that someone has followed them
  2. User being followed sees their follower on their profile
  3. The follower now sees the user they follow in the online member list and on their profile and in the "People you follow" list
  4. Activity from the user being followed appears in the "Your News Feed" list of the follower
(source)

Hello!

Here is the information related to your questions

1. User being followed gets an alert that someone has followed them
  2. User being followed sees their follower on their profile
  3. The follower now sees the user they follow in the online member list and on their profile and in the "People you follow" list
  4. Activity from the user being followed appears in the "Your News Feed" list of the follower
(source)
Oh, I see! I thought we were going to receive specific notifications about the people we follow. Thank you so much, Aria 🫶🏻

Admin, I'm lost again 😭 What are the "solutions"? I couldn't find any information about them here...
I'm not an admin, but I think I can help you. A solution is when someone can give the exact answer to a question and, therefore, the question no longer has any reason to exist, you know? Example: Someone asks how to create a thread because they didn't understand the administration's explanation, and you explain it in your own words, or in a simpler way, so the person understands and can do it. That's a solution. I believe that only administrators can give a "solution" to members as a point, but I'm not sure about that. I hope I helped. 😭

Back