🎧 Some Time In New York City (1972)

I love the Some Time in New York era of John's music, so many live performances, so much doing instead of just saying. Glad to see Daytime Revolution and the One to One film come out, but I wonder if we'll ever see a deluxe or remixed set for the album, there's so much content to include!
I’m hoping the same for Walls & Bridges, but it’s not looking promising :( Both have such AMAZING underrated tracks!!

Deluxe was scheduled for 2022. I wonder how far along they got on it. Pure speculation - I would say it was completed and shelved.

Yeah it is such a shame this never saw the light of day, the thing that annoys me though is that after all the teasers ( john & Yoko / Sometime In New York City ) nothing happened, the website was just taken down and nothing else was said about the release and no reason was given for it's non appearance leaving the rumours to multiply on various social media and forum sites most of which were spurious, speculative and probably way off the mark.

I think we (the loyal fans) deserve an official answer (with the reason(s) for it's withdrawal) from the Lennon Estate.

Yeah it is such a shame this never saw the light of day, the thing that annoys me though is that after all the teasers ( john & Yoko / Sometime In New York City ) nothing happened, the website was just taken down and nothing else was said about the release and no reason was given for it's non appearance leaving the rumours to multiply on various social media and forum sites most of which were spurious, speculative and probably way off the mark.

I think we (the loyal fans) deserve an official answer (with the reason(s) for it's withdrawal) from the Lennon Estate.
My only thought is the controversy behind the opening track? Which is really unfortunate because the album itself is so underrated.

I heard it was completed and shelved. Maybe it was just pulled temporarily and the door is open for it to be introduced in the not-too-distant future. We have 2 documentaries upon us, from that same time period. Maybe now is the time for Sometime in New York City to finally get its day in the sun. It seems like the perfect time to me.
In addition to the Ultimate Mixes, outtakes, Evolution docs, etc., include both One To One performances and all the other tv and concert performances John & Yoko did in 1971-72.

On the “Lennon 360” special, episode 2 was about Bob Gruen and included songs from that era, which to my ears sounded like new mixes. I have not heard confirmation on that…. The songs I heard were album versions of New York City and Sunday Bloody Sunday, the One To One version of New York City and I believe, Attica State from one of the benefit concerts. They sounded awesome to me.

Last edited:
I love the Some Time in New York era of John's music, so many live performances, so much doing instead of just saying. Glad to see Daytime Revolution and the One to One film come out, but I wonder if we'll ever see a deluxe or remixed set for the album, there's so much content to include!
Absolutely. If any era of John’s can be called ‘underrated’ (a strange word to use given how famous he is!) then SINY has to be the era, some really really brilliant tunes from Yoko and him. Hoping the One to One film is more easily available to watch soon, was very happy to see it get great reviews recently online.

Back