🎧 John's solo album - 1968

Chris Shaw

Lots of people discuss a single album version of The White Album - a futile exercise as it takes away from enjoying the whole journey.

However, much more fun is imagining a 1968 solo John Lennon album...! John's songwriting was incredibly fruitful in 1968 and with all the hours put into it What's the New Mary Jane would've 100% been included. In which case we now have an incredible psychedelic/raw album that would've been a joy and not to mention an incredibly confrontational listen!

Side one
1. Dear Prudence
2. Glass Onion
3. The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
4. Happiness Is a Warm Gun
5. I'm So Tired
6. Julia

Side two
1. Yer Blues
2. Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
3. Sexy Sadie
4. Revolution 1
5. Cry Baby Cry
6. Revolution 9
7. What's the New Mary Jane

So, what would you include on your fantasy solo John albums from 1963-1969?lennon68.jpg

Lots of people discuss a single album version of The White Album - a futile exercise as it takes away from enjoying the whole journey.

However, much more fun is imagining a 1968 solo John Lennon album...! John's songwriting was incredibly fruitful in 1968 and with all the hours put into it What's the New Mary Jane would've 100% been included. In which case we now have an incredible psychedelic/raw album that would've been a joy and not to mention an incredibly confrontational listen!

Side one
1. Dear Prudence
2. Glass Onion
3. The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
4. Happiness Is a Warm Gun
5. I'm So Tired
6. Julia

Side two
1. Yer Blues
2. Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
3. Sexy Sadie
4. Revolution 1
5. Cry Baby Cry
6. Revolution 9
7. What's the New Mary Jane

So, what would you include on your fantasy solo John albums from 1963-1969?View attachment 44
Jealous Guy would be so interesting for the context of the moment! All the teories and John himself acknowledging his flaws like he did more in the 70s. And I'm sure Mother would be interesting too.

Basically, all the songs on A Hard Day's Night are John's! (sorry Paul, you did write a few masterpieces on it as well!)

Last edited:
Back