🤍 Your special storie(s) involving John and/or Yoko.

Ingryd Medeiros

di♡ — @/ceofjohnlennon
One of the most beautiful parts of being a fan is having a strong enough admiration for your idol that it helps you in your daily life. As an autistic person diagnosed with aggressive anxiety and depression, John's art helps me daily, but there is a beautiful moment that occurred to me in 2022 that I wanted to share.

This year, 2022, I started a new job which I initially hated for many personal reasons and I remember crying to my family and friends about why even though I hated it, I needed the job. Leaving, on my first day at work, I was lost, nervous and crying a lot until I went to my bus stop to leave. Suddenly, in the house in front of the bus stop, "Imagine" started playing and I was paralyzed. The possibility of this happening by chance was slim, but it happened to me at a time when I needed it.

At the same time I wiped my face and thought: okay, I'll face this.

I'm not in that job anymore but it was the best two years of my professional life and I love that part of my life. And I love it even more that, in some way, John told me to keep going because everything would work out - and it did.

Do you have any similar stories? Share! I'll love reading each one. ❤️

I don't know if this is what you are thinking of, and I know that people think I am insane whenever I tell this story.

My significant other passed away unexpectedly in 2019. He was not a Beatles fan, but he supported my Beatles hobby. One of his life goals was to get me to meet Paul McCartney, and he tried all he could to make that happen (which didn't, but I did meet Ringo, so that was awesome).

A few months after his death, I had this dream:

I was sitting with my late boyfriend on a sidewalk curb. We were talking and laughing. He said, "Look to your right-- there is a surprise." And sitting a little farther down was John Lennon. He looked so good with wire-rimmed glasses, a denim hat, and a blue shirt. My significant other said, "Go on -- talk to him!" So I walked over to John, introduced myself, and told him how much I love his music and message and what an honor it is to meet him. He told me that he had heard that I was a big fan, and he was happy to stop to chat with me. I told him about my Beatles site and the great opportunities I have had through it, as well as about the Beatles book I had written. John is listening to me and smiling. I look over to my boyfriend, who is smiling a huge smile and giving me a big thumbs up. I then said something about how I needed to get a photo taken with him to put on the site. He took out a Polaroid camera, took the perfect selfie of all time, and handed me the photo. He then says that I should go inside the building and meet Yoko. I didn't want to meet Yoko; I wanted to hang out with John, but I thought it would be really rude to say that, so I went inside to meet Yoko.

Before I go inside, a security guard stands in the lobby of the building and says that I have to leave my purse and the photo on a shelf to meet Ms. Ono. I say that I don't want to lose the photo, but he says that it has to go on the shelf.

I go inside, and there is Yoko. She is wearing all white and looks much younger than she is today. I explained how John told me to come meet her, and she looked at me and said, "You are the one who is a big fan of John's music, right? Your boyfriend -- the young man with the beard told us about you. He insisted that you had to meet John. He told us how much you love John. He arranged all of this." She says goodbye to me, and I return to get my things. The photo of John and me is missing, and I say that I will never get the chance to see John again. The security guy says something like, "Oh, you will see John again -- just not anytime soon. But you will see him again."

I have always believed in my heart that my late significant other set up this meeting between me and John because it is 100% something that he would do. I know that sounds totally insane. But that dream has brought me so much peace and comfort over the years as I struggled with grief. I thank John for helping me from the beyond.

I don't know if this is what you are thinking of, and I know that people think I am insane whenever I tell this story.

My significant other passed away unexpectedly in 2019. He was not a Beatles fan, but he supported my Beatles hobby. One of his life goals was to get me to meet Paul McCartney, and he tried all he could to make that happen (which didn't, but I did meet Ringo, so that was awesome).

A few months after his death, I had this dream:

I was sitting with my late boyfriend on a sidewalk curb. We were talking and laughing. He said, "Look to your right-- there is a surprise." And sitting a little farther down was John Lennon. He looked so good with wire-rimmed glasses, a denim hat, and a blue shirt. My significant other said, "Go on -- talk to him!" So I walked over to John, introduced myself, and told him how much I love his music and message and what an honor it is to meet him. He told me that he had heard that I was a big fan, and he was happy to stop to chat with me. I told him about my Beatles site and the great opportunities I have had through it, as well as about the Beatles book I had written. John is listening to me and smiling. I look over to my boyfriend, who is smiling a huge smile and giving me a big thumbs up. I then said something about how I needed to get a photo taken with him to put on the site. He took out a Polaroid camera, took the perfect selfie of all time, and handed me the photo. He then says that I should go inside the building and meet Yoko. I didn't want to meet Yoko; I wanted to hang out with John, but I thought it would be really rude to say that, so I went inside to meet Yoko.

Before I go inside, a security guard stands in the lobby of the building and says that I have to leave my purse and the photo on a shelf to meet Ms. Ono. I say that I don't want to lose the photo, but he says that it has to go on the shelf.

I go inside, and there is Yoko. She is wearing all white and looks much younger than she is today. I explained how John told me to come meet her, and she looked at me and said, "You are the one who is a big fan of John's music, right? Your boyfriend -- the young man with the beard told us about you. He insisted that you had to meet John. He told us how much you love John. He arranged all of this." She says goodbye to me, and I return to get my things. The photo of John and me is missing, and I say that I will never get the chance to see John again. The security guy says something like, "Oh, you will see John again -- just not anytime soon. But you will see him again."

I have always believed in my heart that my late significant other set up this meeting between me and John because it is 100% something that he would do. I know that sounds totally insane. But that dream has brought me so much peace and comfort over the years as I struggled with grief. I thank John for helping me from the beyond.
Lovely story, Sara. I'm sure your loved one and John are together watching you.

Back