💡 Your favorite John facts!

skylarmoody

Content Creator
Share some of your favorite fun facts/stories you’ve learned about John over the years!

I love how much of a sucker for sweets he was, especially chocolate. Knowing that a Brandy Alexander was his favorite drink because it tasted like a milkshake seems so fitting for him!

And a new one I learned recently after interviewing his former defense attorney Jay Bergen - he would always say yes to an autograph so long as he wasn’t in the middle of a meal. He was always a very shy individual and never wanted to make anyone upset. At his core, he was respectful and good at heart 🤍

Share some of your favorite fun facts/stories you’ve learned about John over the years!

I love how much of a sucker for sweets he was, especially chocolate. Knowing that a Brandy Alexander was his favorite drink because it tasted like a milkshake seems so fitting for him!

And a new one I learned recently after interviewing his former defense attorney Jay Bergen - he would always say yes to an autograph so long as he wasn’t in the middle of a meal. He was always a very shy individual and never wanted to make anyone upset. At his core, he was respectful and good at heart 🤍
The fact that he didn't know how to show affection so he gave gifts to everyone, even his fans. I think it's cute.

I love the fact the he was so sensitive and romantic. For example, he used say "I love you" every day to Yoko. Yoko also said that John cried after reading a book "The first sex". John told her that he didn't realize that women were treated so badly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240912-010919~2.png
    Screenshot_20240912-010919~2.png
    90 KB · Views: 7
There are too many amazing, worthwhile things to share - but one that I always really enjoy is that although he was so iconoclastic, he was such a deep sentimentalist at heart.

I'm always warmed by his fondness of novelty items and knick-knacks, his deep affection and illustrative memories of Scotland and his family trips as a child, and his intense devotion to both Liverpool and New York City and the way he closely held them both as part of his own identity. ☺️

(It would be great if more people realized being both rebellious to norms and embracing traditions can co-exist, but intuitively knowing is perhaps part of what makes John so special and a little more extraordinary than most people!!)

he loved chocolate olivers hahah

Back