🇷🇪 What do you think a Beatles reunion would have looked like?

The 80's would have been wonderful for Beatles, think of the New Wave 2nd British Invasion pop music of that era. The clean and focused recording style with synths would have fused the best of the early years with the psychedelic years. 80's would have been great to bring back The Beatles, because there was also an optimism of the era that fit with the 60's think of We Are The World--think about Live Aid with Beatles. The fans would have been more mature and concerts and the tech for mixing and producing a live show would have been better too.

I think another interesting thing would have been to bring back Plastic Ono Band in the alternative/grunge scene during the 90's--that would have been epic, and a moment where the scene caught up with the progressive nature of Plastic Ono Band.

I have a memory but not a direct quote of John saying that if the Beatles reunited it would be in the studio rather than them touring - although, of course, the word 'touring' for John no doubt brought memories of album burnings and threats in the final 1966 U.S. Tour! - which always makes me wonder if John had an itch to get back into the studio with Paul, George, and Ringo, especially since he seemed to be a fan of McCartney II (we know he was enthused by Coming Up, at least).

If there was ever going to be a Beatles reunion concert I feel like Live Aid would have been the place as @Duke Elliott mentions, certainly something up each Beatles' street (John with One to One, Paul with Live Aid itself, George and Ringo with Bangladesh).

I have a memory but not a direct quote of John saying that if the Beatles reunited it would be in the studio rather than them touring - although, of course, the word 'touring' for John no doubt brought memories of album burnings and threats in the final 1966 U.S. Tour! - which always makes me wonder if John had an itch to get back into the studio with Paul, George, and Ringo, especially since he seemed to be a fan of McCartney II (we know he was enthused by Coming Up, at least).

If there was ever going to be a Beatles reunion concert I feel like Live Aid would have been the place as @Duke Elliott mentions, certainly something up each Beatles' street (John with One to One, Paul with Live Aid itself, George and Ringo with Bangladesh).
Time heals wounds, and I think the 80's would have changed opinions about playing live and the environment in pop music and MTV and things like that could have inspired to get back together. We'll never know, but it's interesting to think about how Beatles could have fit in the 80's. I think about the present too, in the sense that we live in a moment where there's a parallel with the early 60's where we have political conflicts and needs for civil rights, a new cold war, and I think the culture is so hungry to have fun again.

We know it would have happened had John lived, what would you want out of a Beatles reunion?
I'm not sure what I would want, but thinking of a possible scenario, I think it would have been: Studio reunion. Some talkshows interviews together. The public would feel nostalgic but also say emphatically that they were no longer the same. John would have felt frustrated with that reaction, but happy with what the band did together. And I think John would have been able to prove his point, the one that no matter what they did, it would never be enough and it would never be the Beatles people wanted.

I would think they’d reunite for a live performance and maybe release some of their unfinished songs (Free as a Bird, Now and Then, etc.) but nothing too serious. After John passed, the others reunited for Anthology, but no official performances were ever given as a group again.

I’m happy we’ve gotten to see Paul and Ringo reunite on stage a few times over the years, though I think that’s the closet we’ll get today. Unless we manifest a world tour…👀🤞

It would have been best that way! With a tour, I feel like they’d remember why they stopped in the first place and run into more obstacles.

I think a reunion would've been simple. Like an MTV Unplugged thing, or maybe an SNL appearance.

I like this question!

In my opinion, they would have been way more casual as a group, perhaps continuing to create solo work and releasing a Beatles album together every few years or so. They were older and had more life experience by the time of John's death, with their own families and obligations. To ask them to come together (haha) and write again as they did in their early 20s would have been unrealistic. I could also have seen them doing a big reunion tour, perhaps calling it "Got Back" as Paul named his most recent tour. Would have been funnier in this context I think.

Back