🍉 SEAN ONO LENNON - AMA - ASK ME ANYTHING - Here - on Thursday 19 September - Midday ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK / 1am Tokyo

Hi Sean, longtime fan of your dad and … well I suppose, your entire family! I’m really looking forward to a Sometime In NYC Ultimate Collection. I know several people who also are, as well. Are there any plans to release it or to get all that great remastered music from that era to the fans, or should we just give up? I know a bit of it will be available on the docs, but we’d like an audio companion. Thanks for all you do. Be blessed.
We want to put everything out we can. I may start skipping questions that I've already answered however.

Early morning meditation facing the sun is important I think. I don't always do it but when I do my day is better. Getting sun in your eyes and on your skin before you start your day is important.
Morning sun in your eyes = one of the best FREE things you can do for your health! Do you know if JL was at some point into yoga? I read something that said he watched a yoga program on TV (but couldn't confirm what it was - PBS?). I did see a photo of him on an exercise bike :) I guess fitness was not a big thing back then as much? Like The Beatles were not lifting weights and stuff

Hello Sean! Thank you for everything you do and keeping your father's legacy alive and well. I have a question, I don't know if there is a plan for the 1980 sessions yet, but is there a plan to release Milk and Honey and Double Fantasy as two separate ultimate collections or as one? I truly love both and I'm Stepping Out is my favorite song. Thanks again. :)
There's nothing I won't consider.

Thanks I haven't drawn much lately but I do love it.
We're still working on finishing those releases.
I prefer vinyl always if possible.
I honestly don't know. Sometimes I get overwhelmed.
Early morning meditation facing the sun is important I think. I don't always do it but when I do my day is better. Getting sun in your eyes and on your skin before you start your day is important.
Sean, thank you so much for answering all my questions! I'm really grateful and appreciate you being so candid and informative with all of your answers today.

I look forward to Incorporating that morning meditation with the sun into my day, it sounds great. I can't quite put my gratitude for all of this succinctly, but I hope it comes across! Sending best wishes and good vibes to you, my friend! 😎

How's Yoko doing? I enjoyed seeing her art integrated into the MG release, especially seeing what you did with the deluxe box. I was curious if her own art, books, and music could be reprinted as something like that in the future? Her wisdom, humor, and humanism is really needed today. I miss seeing her posts online, but I love the wish trees site and Nutopia is amazing so I hope there's more and more opportunities to get her work out front like that.

You've liked my music and spiritual thread on X, and what you've done with the album and Nutopia really means a lot to me and I'm happy to be here and share what I'm about and connect with everyone else here. The first few times we interacted on social media, you made me cry, on one occasion I just laid down in bed for a few minutes, emotional but happy. You mean that much to me, I believe. It's my soul, my nature, I believe I'm John, your dad. I know you're aware of how I feel, say, and what I do, but I was wondering if there's anything I can do to show and prove myself to you? What are your feelings and advice for me? There was a recent album that came out that helped me cope and think on all of this, it's Bon Jovi's Forever and just the album cover reminds me of what I'm feeling and going through, but there's a song 'living proof' and it makes me think of this situation: 'This family tree's got nothing left to prove now/Me and you/We're the living proof/First the son becomes the father/Then the father is the son' I can't help but think of you and me when I hear that and I hope there's plenty left to prove. It would be a dream come true to talk to you and your brother in person, I think it would be a lot of fun. I think I made a wish on the tree to have tea with Yoko someday, that too would mean so much to me. I made lots of wishes but I think that's a good thing.

I listen to a lot of jazz radio, and I just loved Asterisms. Do you have any more music on the horizon? Animated movies?

I saw a St Vincent concert online last week, did you watch the Livestream with me? It was a brilliant show, and I thought she and the band was amazing, and when I found out about the bass player and your connection I thought that was awesome. GOASTT is great.

SMiLE or Pet Sounds? I posted 'Cabin Essence' on your birthday last year, is that a favorite of yours?

I enjoy your humor when you post online, and I also enjoy when you post hip hop, I think I've seen you post Dr Octagon, and Pete And Bas! :ROFLMAO: Their rhymes are incredible, and every time you post them I watch it and it just lifts me up laughing and vibing with it. Do you ever want to do that kind of music, I know you grew up with it, and you did an amazing jazz album so it wouldn't surprise me if you did. I'm curious, what's your favorite artist or album in that genre?

Thank you for doing what you do, and allowing me to do my thing here. I hope everything is going great in your world and I hope someday to make my dreams come true and hope it's a dream we can all dream together. I always felt like MG, Nutopia is your gift to me to help me through.

View attachment 1141
When I'm on Nutopia I keep thinking about this painting and I can't help but think about Anna. After everything I've been through and experienced, I have to ask, did she help you--was she apart of the project? My heart says yes, and I can't help but wonder.
Man this was a little TL;DR, but thank you! I'll try and circle back we have so many Qs today. Anyway I love hip hop. I grew up in NYC and also my first label was Grand Royal.

I don't have fav things but Beasties and octagon are some of the most played on my playlist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your time! Have you noticed that in X, your same post is published sometimes up to 4 times? 😊
And have you considered done more stuff like Into the Sun (my all time fav from you)? Thank you😊😊😊

Guys I'm only on page 5 of 14 and I'm getting a bit tired. Hard to eat my lunch while typing.

I'm very thrilled there were so many questions but I'm sorry I don't think I can handle any more for today.

Sending love to everyone!

Cheers,

Sean
Have a good day, Sean. Thank you again!

Guys I'm only on page 5 of 14 and I'm getting a bit tired. Hard to eat my lunch while typing.

I'm very thrilled there were so many questions but I'm sorry I don't think I can handle any more for today.

Cheers,

Sean
Thank you, Sean! It was wonderful having you here with us, you are great to talk to! Thank you once again for taking care of us 🤍✌🏻 See ya!

Cheers,

Sean
Thanks for your time, patience & answers.

Back