🎧 Lennon 360 (SiriusXM Series)

LordGoodgod

Brinley
Just curious if anyone else here has been able to listen to the four-part Lennon 360 series which was broadcast on Sirius XM (The Beatles Channel, of course!) last month. I found it to be extremely entertaining, educational, and enjoyable, especially to hear the fantastic musicians who brought the soundscapes of Mind Games to life speaking their experiences. (The same recollections you can read in the books, but it's a unique experience to actually hear them say it!).

There were a good few audio rarities thrown in that I'd be curious if other people caught while listening. I think it deserves a special thread all to itself!

The Beatles Channel Celebrates John Lennon’s ‘Mind Games’ with Exclusive New Docuseries

Absolutely, it would be great if the program were made available in every country and territory. It was extremely rewarding! The four episodes were broken into specific subjects: the making of Mind Games, plus the three focusing on talks with Bob Gruen, Elliot Mintz, and Klaus Voormann.

And as the press release stated, "rare and previously unheard music and studio out-takes directly from the Lenono Estate" proved true! I hope to be able to hear more of those again later. Especially enjoyed the Ultimate Mix of 'Attica State' (if anyone involved in the making happens to be reading... ;))

Absolutely, it would be great if the program were made available in every country and territory. It was extremely rewarding! The four episodes were broken into specific subjects: the making of Mind Games, plus the three focusing on talks with Bob Gruen, Elliot Mintz, and Klaus Voormann.

And as the press release stated, "rare and previously unheard music and studio out-takes directly from the Lenono Estate" proved true! I hope to be able to hear more of those again later. Especially enjoyed the Ultimate Mix of 'Attica State' (if anyone involved in the making happens to be reading... ;))
I’ve heard episode 2. All the Sometime in New York stuff sounded like new mixes to me. They sounded awesome, but I haven’t heard for sure they’re the once-planned Ultimate Mixes. Like you. I certainly hope they are released soon!

I’ve heard episode 2. All the Sometime in New York stuff sounded like new mixes to me. They sounded awesome, but I haven’t heard for sure they’re the once-planned Ultimate Mixes. Like you. I certainly hope they are released soon!
I would think they are the ultimate mixes given the bos was done and ready to go before it was pulled because of that word, you know the story !

I would think they are the ultimate mixes given the bos was done and ready to go before it was pulled because of that word, you know the story !

As seen when listening last month 👀

20240712_173314.jpg

Besides the proof above, the mixes are noticeably different to both the original 1972 mix and the 2005 remix. And also, the horns has been magically disappeared, which seems totally on-brand with the Ultimate series mixes so far :D. After the Invisible Strings we now have the Invisible Horns.

Back