🎬 John & Yoko, Above Us Only Sky.

The poster for this is where my profile picture comes from, it's one of my favourite J&Y images in any case and the way it's edited with the Imagine sky makes it even more beautiful.

Above Us Only Sky​

Above Us Only Sky reveals the depth of the creative collaboration between John & Yoko on John’s Imagine album, bringing the period to life while at the same time outlining the relevance of the music and their message to a contemporary audience. The film examines how the art, activism, politics and music of the pair are intrinsically entwined, with full cooperation from and exclusive access to Yoko Ono and the John Lennon Estate. Featuring never-seen-before footage of John & Yoko, new interviews and archive material, Above Us Only Sky illustrates how the underlying message of the album was one of radical engagement, and that it is as relevant today as ever.

Above Us Only Sky is available to watch on Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video (USA), Amazon Prime Video (UK), PBS, Roku.

Above Us Only Sky is also available on Blu-ray & DVD with the following extra features: Studio Recording Session: 'How Do You Sleep?' (Takes 5&6, Raw Studio Mix, 1971), Studio Recording Session: 'Oh My Love' (Raw Studio Mix, 1971), Hotel Room in The Bahamas: 'Oh Yoko!' (Bahamas, 1969), At Tittenhurst Park: 'Conversation with Curt Claudio' (1971).

Enjoy!

Say this program on PBS last night it was pretty good. They took the original 1970s footage and added contemporary commentary. Well worth a watch.
Cheers!
Brilliant documentary and a brilliant first watch for the ones that don't know much about the couple! A great introduction to the imaginative world of John&Yoko 🤍

Back