📷 John Lennon photos - post your favourites!

I remembered about this picture of John and David Bowie from 1977 while they were both in Hong Kong and oh my, it's terrifying. I don't know if it's the fact I can only find it in a such low quality form or if it's the way John is posing.
View attachment 581

"Last time I saw John Lennon was in Hong Kong. We went to a Hong Kong market, and there was a stall that sold old clothes, and there was a Beatle jacket on the stall. And I did something that's not usually in my character. I asked him to put it on so that I could take a photograph. I took a photograph, and I've still got the photograph. The jacket doesn't fit properly, it looks like John had outgrown it." - David Bowie (1983)

I remembered about this picture of John and David Bowie from 1977 while they were both in Hong Kong and oh my, it's terrifying. I don't know if it's the fact I can only find it in a such low quality form or if it's the way John is posing.
View attachment 581

David Bowie (after playing the song 'Fame' live at the Hong Kong Coliseum, 8 Dec 1983): I co-wrote that song with John Lennon. And I asked him one day ‘How do you write your songs?’ And he said, ‘lt’s easy, you just say what you mean, and you put a back-beat to it’. I said, ‘What do you think of my kind of Rock & Roll?’ He said, ‘It’s great, but it’s just Rock & Roll with lipstick on. Last time I saw John Lennon was in Hong Kong. We went to a Hong Kong market and there was a stall that sold old clothes. And there was a Beatle jacket on the stall and I did something that is not usually in my character and I asked him to put it on, so that I could take a photograph. I took a photograph and I still got the photograph. The jacket doesn’t fit properly. It looks like John had outgrown it.

Back