🎶 Imagine…☁️🎶

skylarmoody

Content Creator
IMG_6241.jpeg

In honor of the 53rd anniversary of Imagine, what are some of your favorite tracks from, or stories behind the album? Any personal memories are welcomed as well ☺️

My top three:
1. How Do You Sleep?
2. Jealous Guy
3. Gimme Some Truth

In high school, I always remember practicing the bridge to “Gimme Some Truth” and was so impressed when I could get it all in one go! 😂

I love that when The Beatles were breaking up, George was never given enough credit for his amazing technique. Paul had said in 1969 that “Now this year his songs are at least as good as ours.” (AT LEAST?! 😂)

John was also quoted on saying that they definitely could have given George more B-side singles. And I think because of this, and seeing his success with All Things Must Pass, John had George play on half of the albums tracks. A good move on his part :)

View attachment 781

In honor of the 53rd anniversary of Imagine, what are some of your favorite tracks from, or stories behind the album? Any personal memories are welcomed as well ☺️

My top three:
1. How Do You Sleep?
2. Jealous Guy
3. Gimme Some Truth

In high school, I always remember practicing the bridge to “Gimme Some Truth” and was so impressed when I could get it all in one go! 😂

I love that when The Beatles were breaking up, George was never given enough credit for his amazing technique. Paul had said in 1969 that “Now this year his songs are at least as good as ours.” (AT LEAST?! 😂)

John was also quoted on saying that they definitely could have given George more B-side singles. And I think because of this, and seeing his success with All Things Must Pass, John had George play on half of the albums tracks. A good move on his part :)
1. Imagine
2. Jealous Guy
3. Gimme Some Truth

View attachment 781

My top three:
1. How Do You Sleep?
2. Jealous Guy
3. Gimme Some Truth

My top three
1. Imagine
2. Jealous Guy
3. Oh my love
and top five
4. How?
5. Gimme some truth

I remember how I started to fall in love with John and his music back in 2012 when I was 13. And Jealous Guy was the song that I kept listening then. I just adored the music video form the documentary "Imagine" from 1988. The melody and John's whistling (my favorite moment of the song) are so beautiful. However, Imagine must be first for its message. It sill touches my deeply. I also love Imagine take 1 since we hear John's true voice here which he was ashamed of. And it's the most beautiful voice in the world. 💓

View attachment 781

My top three:
1. How Do You Sleep?
2. Jealous Guy
3. Gimme Some Truth

1. How do you sleep?
2. How?
3. Jealous Guy

Some may think I’m crazy for saying that “How do you sleep?” is the best track in the album, since it’s a diss track for Paul McCartney. I do not think of it being about Paul when I’m listening to it, even though I know the lyrics are aimed towards him. It simply cannot be about anybody else but Paul 😂
It’s a really good track either way. The musical style, it’s just too good to bash it for stupid reasonings that were left in the past.

“How?” Is one that hits really deep, I can sympathize with the lyrics. It shows the uncertainty that we have in all of us. The lyrics that spoke to me the most was, “How can I go forward when I don’t know which way I’m facing.”

“Jealous Guy” delineates John’s insecurity. A guy that can divulge like that. The raw emotion he put into this song. He took that self-centeredness he had and left in the past, turned it into something incredible.

Jealous Guy might be my favorite John song of all time.

My top 5 of Imagine

1. Jealous Guy
2. Imagine
3 Oh My Love
4. Crippled Inside
5. It's so Hard

But let's face it -- there isn't a bad song on the entire album. And I forever have "Oh Yoko" stuck in my head. I walk around town singing "Oh Yo---o-o-ko"

Sara S.

1. How do you sleep?
2. How?
3. Jealous Guy

Some may think I’m crazy for saying that “How do you sleep?” is the best track in the album, since it’s a diss track for Paul McCartney. I do not think of it being about Paul when I’m listening to it, even though I know the lyrics are aimed towards him. It simply cannot be about anybody else but Paul 😂
It’s a really good track either way. The musical style, it’s just too good to bash it for stupid reasonings that were left in the past.

“How?” Is one that hits really deep, I can sympathize with the lyrics. It shows the uncertainty that we have in all of us. The lyrics that spoke to me the most was, “How can I go forward when I don’t know which way I’m facing.”

“Jealous Guy” delineates John’s insecurity. A guy that can divulge like that. The raw emotion he put into this song. He took that self-centeredness he had and left in the past, turned it into something incredible.
I loved it before I eve knew it was a diss track! 😂 His vocals are out of this world!

Back