šŸŽ¬ I Met The Walrus / My Hometown by Jerry Levitan

Good Dog Nigel

Administrator
Staff member
image.jpeg
Jerry Levitan (left, sat on the floor) with John & Yoko (right), King Edward Sheraton Hotel, Toronto, Canada, 25 May 1969. Ā© Jeff Goode/Toronto Star.

Forum member Jerry Levitan met John & Yoko when he was 14, interviewing them on audio tape in their hotel room at the King Edward Hotel, Toronto, Canada. 'I Met The Walrus' is an animated film he produced (illustrated by James Braithwaite and Alex Kurina and directed by Josh Raskin) covering five out of the thirty minutes of the interview, which won a Daytime Emmy, an AFA Best Animated Short and an Oscar nomination. Jerry's book (based on the full-length interview) is here. Find out more about the story here.

You can watch the film below, and Jerry might even answer some questions if you ask him nicely!

Jerry also produced and directed (with Terry Tompkins) this beautiful film 'My Hometown' based on Yoko's writing, which Yoko narrated.

In addition, Jerry co-produced the animations for the Spotify Canvasses for John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (The Ultimate Mixes), which were illustrated and animated by James Braithwaite and Josh Raskin, with whom he had worked on 'I Met The Walrus'.

Last edited:
Back