šŸŽ¬ Daytime Revolution - John & Yoko on The Mike Douglas Show

Good Dog Nigel

Administrator
Staff member
In theaters October 9.

For one extraordinary week beginning on February 14th, 1972, the revolution was televised. Daytime Revolution takes us back in time to the week that John Lennon and Yoko Ono descended upon a Philadelphia broadcasting studio to co-host the iconic Mike Douglas Show, at the time the most popular show on daytime television with an audience of 40 million viewers a week.

What followed was five unforgettable episodes of television, with Lennon and Ono at the helm and Douglas bravely keeping the show on track. Acting as both producers and hosts, Lennon and Ono handpicked their guests, including controversial choices like Yippie founder Jerry Rubin and Black Panther Chairman Bobby Seale, as well as political activist Ralph Nader and comic truth teller George Carlin.

IMG_8048.jpeg
Their version of daytime TV was a radical take on the traditional format, incorporating candid Q&A sessions with their transfixed audience, conversations about current issues like police violence and womenā€™s liberation, conceptual art events, and one-of-a-kind musical performances, including a unique duet with Lennon and Chuck Berry and a poignant rendition of Lennonā€™s ā€œImagine.ā€

A document of the past that speaks to our turbulent present, Daytime Revolution is a time capsule reminding us of artā€™s power to break down barriers, and the bravery of two artists who never took the easy way out as they fought for their vision of a better world.

Rolling Stone
Deadline

I just made a video talking about this!! Iā€™m so excited to see more about such a unique moment in Lennon history!

What would you ask John & Yoko if you were in the audience that week? šŸ‘€

Iā€™ve watched this trailer several times today and Iā€™m so excited for this movie. I hope thereā€™s a soundtrack album or EP because Itā€™s So Hard and Imagine sounded so pristine and awesome!
Sean Lennon (music producer) and Sam Gannon (mixer, engineer) will be very pleased to hear you say that, as they restored and remixed the songs especially for the film.

Last edited:
I just made a video talking about this!! Iā€™m so excited to see more about such a unique moment in Lennon history!

What would you ask John & Yoko if you were in the audience that week? šŸ‘€
Where can I find this video!!

I would probably ask them about how they discuss the mediums they could utilize to spread their message. Television makes so much sense for what they were trying to accomplish with this takeover, but given they could use music, performance art, and whatever else, I wonder how that conversation went down between them.

Where can I find this video!!

I would probably ask them about how they discuss the mediums they could utilize to spread their message. Television makes so much sense for what they were trying to accomplish with this takeover, but given they could use music, performance art, and whatever else, I wonder how that conversation went down between them.
I do a series on my TikTok/IG where I go over news in the Beatles world and I mentioned it a few weeks ago when I read an article about it :)

In theaters October 9.

For one extraordinary week beginning on February 14th, 1972, the revolution was televised. Daytime Revolution takes us back in time to the week that John Lennon and Yoko Ono descended upon a Philadelphia broadcasting studio to co-host the iconic Mike Douglas Show, at the time the most popular show on daytime television with an audience of 40 million viewers a week.

What followed was five unforgettable episodes of television, with Lennon and Ono at the helm and Douglas bravely keeping the show on track. Acting as both producers and hosts, Lennon and Ono handpicked their guests, including controversial choices like Yippie founder Jerry Rubin and Black Panther Chairman Bobby Seale, as well as political activist Ralph Nader and comic truth teller George Carlin.

View attachment 46
Their version of daytime TV was a radical take on the traditional format, incorporating candid Q&A sessions with their transfixed audience, conversations about current issues like police violence and womenā€™s liberation, conceptual art events, and one-of-a-kind musical performances, including a unique duet with Lennon and Chuck Berry and a poignant rendition of Lennonā€™s ā€œImagine.ā€

A document of the past that speaks to our turbulent present, Daytime Revolution is a time capsule reminding us of artā€™s power to break down barriers, and the bravery of two artists who never took the easy way out as they fought for their vision of a better world.

Rolling Stone
Deadline
Is it going to be available for streaming services?

DAYTIME REVOLUTION - Go to a Theatre Screening on 9 October 2024​

Latest updates:

Cleveland Cinematheque Cleveland OH October 10, 2024
Bow Tie Cinemas Criterion At Movieland Richmond VA
Burns Court Cinemas Sarasota FL
Center for Contemporary Arts Santa Fe Santa Fe NM
Chatham Orpheum Theater Chatham MA
Cinema Arts Centre Huntington NY
Cinema Arts Theatre Fairfax VA
Court Square Theater Harrisonburg VA
Crandell Theatre Chatham NY
Firehouse Theatre Kingston WA
Grand Cinema Tacoma WA
Harris Theater Pittsburgh PA
Laemmle Theatres Los Angeles CA
Landmark Annapolis Harbour Center Annapolis MD
Landmark at the Glen Glenview IL
Landmark Bethesda Row Cinemas Bethesda MD
Landmark Crest Cinema Center Shoreline WA
Landmark Del Mar Theatre Santa Cruz CA
Landmark Greenwood Village Greenwood Village CO
Landmark Kendall Square Cinema Cambridge MA
Landmark Keystone Art Cinema Indianapolis IN
Landmark Lagoon Cinema Minneapolis MN
Landmark Midtown Art Cinema Atlanta GA
Landmark Plaza Frontenac Cinema Frontenac MO
Landmark Ritz Five Philadelphia PA
Landmark Scottsdale Quarter Theatre Scottsdale AZ
Landmark Spectrum 8 Theatres Albany NY
Landmark Theatres Pasadena Pasadena CA
Liberty Theatre Camas WA
Maine Film Center Waterville ME
Mary D. Fisher Theatre Sedona AZ
Metropolitan Isis Theatre Aspen CO
Movies of Delray Delray Beach FL
Movies of Lake Worth Lake Worth FL
North Park Theatre Buffalo NY
Playhouse Cinema Hamilton ON
Princess Cinemas Waterloo ON
Proctors Theatre Schenectady NY
Quad Cinema New York NY October 9 - October 17, 2024
Sedona International Film Festival Sedona AZ
Zeitgeist Theatre Arabi LA October 9 - October 17, 2024

DAYTIME REVOLUTION - Go to a Theatre Screening on 9 October 2024​

Latest updates:

Cleveland Cinematheque Cleveland OH October 10, 2024
Bow Tie Cinemas Criterion At Movieland Richmond VA
Burns Court Cinemas Sarasota FL
Center for Contemporary Arts Santa Fe Santa Fe NM
Chatham Orpheum Theater Chatham MA
Cinema Arts Centre Huntington NY
Cinema Arts Theatre Fairfax VA
Court Square Theater Harrisonburg VA
Crandell Theatre Chatham NY
Firehouse Theatre Kingston WA
Grand Cinema Tacoma WA
Harris Theater Pittsburgh PA
Laemmle Theatres Los Angeles CA
Landmark Annapolis Harbour Center Annapolis MD
Landmark at the Glen Glenview IL
Landmark Bethesda Row Cinemas Bethesda MD
Landmark Crest Cinema Center Shoreline WA
Landmark Del Mar Theatre Santa Cruz CA
Landmark Greenwood Village Greenwood Village CO
Landmark Kendall Square Cinema Cambridge MA
Landmark Keystone Art Cinema Indianapolis IN
Landmark Lagoon Cinema Minneapolis MN
Landmark Midtown Art Cinema Atlanta GA
Landmark Plaza Frontenac Cinema Frontenac MO
Landmark Ritz Five Philadelphia PA
Landmark Scottsdale Quarter Theatre Scottsdale AZ
Landmark Spectrum 8 Theatres Albany NY
Landmark Theatres Pasadena Pasadena CA
Liberty Theatre Camas WA
Maine Film Center Waterville ME
Mary D. Fisher Theatre Sedona AZ
Metropolitan Isis Theatre Aspen CO
Movies of Delray Delray Beach FL
Movies of Lake Worth Lake Worth FL
North Park Theatre Buffalo NY
Playhouse Cinema Hamilton ON
Princess Cinemas Waterloo ON
Proctors Theatre Schenectady NY
Quad Cinema New York NY October 9 - October 17, 2024
Sedona International Film Festival Sedona AZ
Zeitgeist Theatre Arabi LA October 9 - October 17, 2024
The PERFECT way to celebrate his birthday!! :)

Back